It is rare that I talk about a local event in the blog. But this one is worth some attention as it is a rather unusual idea. British wine professionals living and working in Bordeaux joined forces to organize a presentation of “new wave” Bordeaux wines in England, not only to wine drinkers but also to the trade through private meetings in the Manchester area. The tour ends by a tasting open to the public at the trendy Apotheca Bar in Manchester.
The 9 estates participating to this tour are:
- Béatrice Larribière, Chateau Trapaud – St Emilion Grand Cru: Young dynamic woman winemaker offering elegant St Emilion wines
- Patrick Carteyron, Château Penin – Bordeaux Supérieur: One of Bordeaux’s best loved and best value wines, a fruit-forward, modern interpretation of the classic attributes of Bordeaux
- Pierre Yves Calame, Vignobles Garzaro – Pomerol, Lalande de Pomerol…: Wide range of wines covering seven of the most prestigious appellations of Bordeaux
- Jeannine Bellot, Château Les Millaux – Bordeaux: Another female winemaker, at this beautiful property found close to St Emilion and Pomerol, and all about a great expression of the merlot grape.
- Jérôme Bonaccorsi, Château La Rivalerie – Côtes de Blaye: Young winemaker who came into the region from a different profession, and who has spent the past five years raising up the quality of his excellent value wine.
- Anne-Sophie & François Lancereau – Château Bellevue Gazin, Côtes de Blaye: Included in “Sommelier of the World 2007” Andreas Larsson’s Selection
- Frans Roskam & Elizabeth Moore – Château Cantenac, St Emilion Grand Cru and Château La Lauzette, Listrac Médoc: Young dynamic couple who run a left bank and a right bank property that are both highly acclaimed by the international press
All winemakers improved their English with Brinda Bourhis, wine consultant and regional director of the English language school, speechmark.com and are now ready for the big adventure. Jane Anson, Bordeaux Decanter correspondent and wine writer, will tell us more about this event in our Internet live show tomorrow on the newwineconsumer.com.